For 4 servings
1000 g whole milk
75 g Debic Crème Butter
250 g sugar
160 g egg yolks
80 g corn flour
1 vanilla pod
Inverted puff pastry
Debic products used
Debic Crème Butter 4x2.5KG
- Excellent butter taste in all preparations due to lower melting point
- Soft and easy to blend
- Perfect for usage in whipping applications
- Can be mixed easily with other ingredients such as acids, fruit and alcohol
- Offers a high working comfort thanks to its smooth and homogeneous structure
- Easy to handle bars, with indication on the foil for each 1/2 kilo.
Debic Crème Pâtissière 10KG
- Taste and texture of homemade pastry cream
- Stable during baking and freezing
- Ready for use
Debic Stand & Overrun 1L
- An average overrun of 160%
- Superb stand without the risk of collapsing
- Rich cream taste and smooth mouthfeel
Debic Croissant Gold Butter 5x2KG
- Constant quality, throughout the year
- Easy to handle sheets. Firm. Excellent plasticity
- Easy to laminate. Guarantees a nice golden colour
Heat the milk and add the scraped vanilla seeds and pod, the butter, and half the sugar.
Mix the egg yolks, corn flour, and remaining sugar and add to the mixture. Heat everything together while constantly stirring, and refrigerate.
Whip the Debic Stand & Overrun.
Break the structure of the pastry cream by mixing it in a blender and gently fold in the whipped cream.
Reserve in the refrigerator.
Inverted puff pastry
Mix the first part of the butter with the first batch of cake flour, roll out, and leave to rest and chill.
Knead the rest of the ingredients together and place in the refrigerator. Make a single fold and a double fold with the butter on the outside.
Leave to rest for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
Make another single fold and another double fold and again leave to rest in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
Roll out to 1.5 mm thick and cut into 16 x 16 squares.
Sprinkle with granulated sugar and bake between two sheets of baking paper and two cans under pressure at 190ºC for approximately 19 minutes.
Arrange a square of puff pastry and, using a piping bag with a smooth nozzle, pipe dots of the Millefeuille cream from the outside in.
Finally, top with another square of Millefeuille and decorate with icing sugar.