For 50 servings
250 g almond powder
250 g icing sugar
90 g egg whites (a)
5 drops coloring agent (red, green, yellow)
90 g egg whites (b)
25 g sugar (1)
25 g sugar (2)
100 g water
275 g pink grapefruit purée/juice
120 g Campari®
175 g Debic Cream 35%
1 grapefruit, the zest
85 g inverted sugar
100 g Debic Incorporation Butter Crème
1 kg dark chocolate, 60%
Debic products used
Debic Incorporation Butter Crème 10KG
- Excellent butter taste in all preparations due to lower melting point
- Soft and easy to blend
- Perfect for usage in whipping applications
- Can be mixed easily with other ingredients such as acids, fruit and alcohol
- Offers a high working comfort thanks to its smooth and homogeneous structure
- Easy to handle bars, with indication on the foil for each 1/2 kilo.
Mix the almond powder with the icing powder in a Robot-Coupe®, without heating.
Add the egg whites (a) and coloring agent and make a sticky paste.
Whip the egg whites with the sugar (1).
In the meantime cook the water with the sugar (2) until 120°C and pour over the whipped egg whites (b).
Whisk until has cooled down and add to the previous mixture.
Continue to work the mixture (macaronner) and pipe the macaroon shells on a baking tray, covered with baking paper.
Set aside for 10-15 minutes before baking.
Bake at 160°C, during 10-12 minutes.
Zest the grapefruit into the cream and leave it, covered with cling film, for 1 night in the fridge.
Sieve the cream and heat together with the inverted sugar and the puréé.
Pour over the dark chocolate and mix, together with the Campari® to a smooth and shiny emulsion.
Fill the macaroon shells with the Campari® filling and store in the refrigerator or freeze.